The eucen Autumn Seminar this year has been designed to overlap with the Final Symposium of the HE4u2 project. You are welcome to register for both activities. The HE4u2 Final Symposium is free and co-financed by the EC through its Forward Looking programme under Erasmus+
Preliminary programme – Final Symposium of the HE4u2 project
Thursday, 15 November 2018
Carme ROYO. Executive Director, eucen
09:20 An integration experience: My real case
Zahra AL TAKE. Teacher. Graduated from the University of Turku (FI)
09:50 HE4u2: a project to integrate cultural diversity into HE
Isabel MENEZES. University of Porto (PT)
10:10 Diversity as an essential component of the overall strategy at the
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Georg KRAUSCH. President, Johannes Gutenberg University (DE)
10:45 Coffee break
11:15 Panel: Policies and practices for the integration of
cultural diversity in the European Higher Education area
- Henriette STÖBER. Policy analyst, EUA – European Universities Association (BE)
- Katharina RESCH. Head of LLL projects, University of Vienna (AT) and HE4u2 partner
- Cati JEREZ. Coordinator, Fundación Solidaridad UB, Universidad de Barcelona (ES)
Panel facilitated by Pat DAVIES.
12:00 Open discussion
13:00 Networking lunch
In the afternoon, the group will merge with the new arrivals registered only for the eucen Autumn Seminar.
14:30 Opening and Welcoming to new arriving people
Edith KRÖBER, University of Stuttgart (DE) and Secretary General of eucen
Summary of the HE4U2 Symposium morning session
Josephine FINN, Maynooth University (IE)
14:45 Dialogue between researcher and practitioner around the meaning of university excellence:
- Practitioner: University excellence as inclusion in teaching and learning
- Researcher: Barriers in international research on cultural diversity – terminology & languages, historical & cultural: foes or enemies?
George ZARIFIS, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (GR)
15:45 Coffee break
16:15 Work in small groups:
- Policy Recommendations of HE4u2 – analysis and critique (access to the file in DE and FR). Facilitator: Katharina RESCH, University of Vienna (AT).
- Pedagogics for inclusion – sharing practices that worked well in the HE4u2 partner institution. Facilitator: Kia LUNDQVIST, University of Turku (FI)
- Challenges of research in the area of diversity. Facilitator: Camilla FITZSIMONS, Maynooth University (IE)
17:10 Conclusions of the workshops
17:30 Closing of the day
Carme ROYO, Executive Director, eucen
How to do so?
When you fill in the Registration Form for the eucen 2018 Autumn Seminar, do not forget to tick the HE4u2 box. Joining the HE4u2 Final Symposium only means you will travel to Barcelona the day before. Remember to make your travel arrangements so you can arrive on Wednesday and join us from Thursday morning!
- Welcome by Carme ROYO (BE).
- An integration experience: My real case by Zahra AL TAKE (FI).
- HE4u2: a project to integrate cultural diversity into HE by Isabel MENEZES (PT).
- Diversity as an essential component of the overall strategy at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz by Georg KRAUSCH (DE).
- Policies and practices for the integration of cultural diversity in the European Higher Education area by Henriette STÖBER (BE).
- Support programme of the University of Barcelona for refugees and people from conflict zones by Cati JEREZ (ES).
- University excellence as inclusion in teaching and learning by Emmanuel ACQUAH (FI).
- Barriers in international research on cultural diversity – terminology & languages, historical & cultural: foes or enemies? by George ZARIFIS (GR).
- Policy Recommendations of HE4u2- analysis and critique by Katharina RESCH (AT).
- Pedagogics for inclusion – sharing practices that worked well in the HE4u2 partner institution by Kia LUNDQVIST (FI).