AUTUMN SEMINAR PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME
This event will be held in the BSM-UPF building, Balmes, 132-134, 08008 Barcelona
Thursday, 15 November 2018
14:30 Opening and Welcoming to new arriving people
Edith KRÖBER, University of Stuttgart (DE) and Secretary General of eucen
Summary of the HE4U2 Symposium morning session
Josephine FINN, Maynooth University (IE)
14:45 Dialogue between researcher and practitioner around the meaning of university excellence:
- Practitioner: University excellence as inclusion in teaching and learning
- Researcher: Barriers in international research on cultural diversity – terminology & languages, historical & cultural: foes or enemies?
George ZARIFIS, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (GR)
15:45 Coffee break
16:15 Work in small groups:
- Policy Recommendations of HE4u2 – analysis and critique (access to the file in DE and FR). Facilitator: Katharina RESCH, University of Vienna (AT).
- Pedagogics for inclusion – sharing practices that worked well in the HE4u2 partner institution. Facilitator: Kia LUNDQVIST, University of Turku (FI)
- Challenges of research in the area of diversity. Camilla FITZSIMONS, Maynooth University (IE)
17:10 Conclusions of the workshops
17:30 Closing of the day
Carme ROYO, Executive Director, eucen
Friday, 16 November 2018
09:30 Presentation of the day
09:45 Interactive Welcome
10:15 Reflections about social inclusion at Higher Education. Lessons learnt.
Cati Jerez, Coordinator, Fundación Solidaridad UB, Universitat de Barcelona (ES)
11:00 Coffee break
11:30 Teaching training for inclusive adult education:
Pedagogical approaches at University of Huddersfield.
Kevin ORR, Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning), University of Huddersfield (UK)
12:15 Brainstorming around the topics of the keynote presentations
14:30 Parallel sessions In-depth presentations and open discussions
- Integrating people in our universities and our work – cultural diversity in groups of learners
Camilla Fitzsimons, Maynooth University (IE)
- Integrating cultures in our universities and our work – impact on university cultures:
Integration of cultural diversity as one of the key aspects of University Social Responsibility: Peer mentoring and decolonisation of the curriculum
Jose Pedro AMORIM, University of Porto (PT)
- Integrating SDGs in our universities and our work – SDGs exchanged, discussed and applied to the contexts of the participants
Balazs NEMETH, University of Pecs (HU)
16:00 Coffee break
16:30 Poster presentation followed by open discussion
- Proposal to address inter culturality in teaching and learning. Alfredo SOEIRO. University of Porto (PT)
- Delivery of Entrepreneurship Training, Coaching and Mentorship for Syrians under Temporary Protection and Turkish Citizens. Yusuf HALEFOĞLU. Cukurova University (TR)
- Creating a culturally diverse university – access to university lifelong studies as part of the integration path. Tuija LEHTONEN. University of Jyväskylä (FI)
- The “Community of Inquiry” model as a framework for intercultural distance education. Alberto IZQUIERDO. Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia – UNED (ES)
- KU Leuven intercultural. Leen DE BOLLE. KU Leuven (BE)
- Open Access Learning Environments – outcomes of the 2nd Learning City Festival 2018 in Pécs, Hungary. Eva SZEDERKENY. University of Pecs (HU)
- SDGs in ULLL. Edith KRÖBER. University of Stuttgart (DE)
- What kind of research is needed in the area of diversity and inclusion?
- What kind of ULLL can we have?
- University excellence as inclusion in teaching and learningby Emmanuel ACQUAH (FI).
- Barriers in international research on cultural diversity – terminology & languages, historical & cultural: foes or enemies?by George ZARIFIS (GR).
- Policy Recommendations of HE4u2- analysis and critique by Katharina RESCH (AT).
- Pedagogics for inclusion – sharing practices that worked well in the HE4u2 partner institution by Kia LUNDQVIST (FI).
- Reflections about social inclusion at Higher Education. Lessons learnt by Cati Jerez (ES)
- Teaching training for inclusive adult education: Pedagogical approaches at University of Huddersfield by Kevin ORR (UK)
- Integrating SDGs in our universities and our work – SDGs exchanged, discussed and applied to the contexts of the participants by Balazs NEMETH (HU)